Custom Copper RF Inductor Coils
Raw Copper Tube
Copper Tube Coil
Copper coils and tubes are versatile and used in a broad range of applications including RF induction, gas lines, water distribution systems, heating/cooling, fire sprink, fuel oil systems, solar heating systems, and countless others. One of the primary benefits is that copper is an extremely reliable and durable material that requires little maintenance after installation. Copper also forms a layer of oxidation over time, which further strengthens its corrosion resistant properties.
Copper tube coils and copper wire coils are especially well-suited for RF applications, and copper cooling coils can transmit liquids, air, or other media to cool equipment of all types. When properly applied, copper tube coils can function conductively and as cooling coils simultaneously.
Properties and benefits of copper tube coils include:
- High thermal conductivity
- Requires little to no maintenance
- Corrosion resistant
- Easily formed into a shape
- Reusable and recyclable
Custom Copper Wire Coils & Tubes for Any Application
HBR Industries, Inc. has the experience and the expertise to produce copper tube coils and copper wire coils for any purpose. Copper is the preferred material for RF coils, cooling coils, and many other coil applications. We specialize in non-standard shapes and unique designs and work hard to ensure that the copper coils we manufacture meet your unique specifications. No matter what your application, we know how to make a copper coil that meets your needs.
We commonly work with all sizes of copper wire, and copper tubing up to 1-1/4” in diameter and larger. HBR’s coil bending capabilities allow us to create copper coils that work with design tolerances of the material. The extent of our copper coil manufacturing capabilities is nearly unlimited, and we welcome any challenge that your designs may present. Contact us to discuss your copper coil needs!
Copper Coil Grades and Alloys
We work with all grades and alloys of copper, and we can help you select and obtain the perfect material for your particular application. There are various grades of copper, as well as several alloys. Some of the common types of copper tube coil include:
- Type K: Has a thick wall that withstands high pressure. Commonly used for cooling/heating, solar, fire protection, domestic water distribution, fuel/oil, compressed air, and natural gas.
- Type L: Is thinner than Type K but still durable and used for the same applications.
- Type M: Has a thinner wall than Type K & L. Applications include domestic water, fuel/fuel oil, cooling/heating, fire protection, and solar.
- DMW: Applications include cooling/heating and solar
- ACR: Used in AC, refrigeration, natural gas, and compressed air applications.
Copper alloys are also widely popular and include:
- Brass: a copper-zinc alloy that comes in a range of strength, wear resistance, corrosion resistance, and electrical & thermal conductivity properties.
- Bronze: a copper-tin alloy that resists metal fatigue better than pure copper and has good corrosion resistance.
- Copper-Nickel Alloy: provides high thermal conductivity and excellent resistance to marine corrosion.
- Nickel-Silver Alloy: has properties similar to brass but with a silvery finish
- Beryllium-Copper Alloy: the hardest and most durable of all copper alloys; has mechanical properties like steel but with better corrosion resistance.
Value Added Secondary Copper Coil Services
HBR offers several secondary services to give added value to your copper tube coils or copper wire coils. We can have your coils plated in silver, gold, electrolytic nickel or other specialty materials. Our strategic partnerships allow us to provide machining and other services to add value to your design.
The team at HBR understands the importance of cleanliness in working with copper or any material, and we take great pride in our clean production and handling practices. We do our best to take dirt, grease, oil, and incidental etching out of the equation and deliver finished products of superior cleanliness and quality.
Learn More About How HBR Can Help with Your Copper Tube Coil and Copper Wire Coil Needs!
We are a small business specializing in prototypes, and low volume runs of copper tube coils, copper wire coils , and a broad range of other custom coils and assemblies. Working from your design specs, we create custom copper tube, wire and bar/ribbon coils that meet your requirements to our best ability.
If you have questions, we have answers! Request a Quote, or Contact HBR for an initial consultation or to learn more about our copper tube coils and copper wire coils. Please visit our partner site Matweb for exact Copper Specifications and more information on materials.