(Silver Plated) Wire and Tube Coiling
(Various Raw Materials) Wire and tube Coiling
Custom and Specialty Coil Solutions
Range of Custom Coil Types Based on Your Design
Working from customer design specs, HBR manufactures custom coils to meet even the most complex requirements. Wire sizes 2-42 AWG and tube sizes range from 1/8” to 1-1/4”, with several material options are available. Thanks to our precision manufacturing capabilities, there is virtually no limit to the style of custom coil we can produce.
Custom and specialty coil types we produce include:
- Air Coils: We provide copper plasma coils, air coil inducers, specialty air coils, and RF match coils for semiconductor and similar applications. Custom coils can also be plated with gold, silver, or other materials to improve conductivity.
- Water Coils: We produce custom water coils using brass, copper, stainless steel, and other materials upon request. Applications include cooling/heating` systems, electronics, solar energy, biomedical, and others.
- Electromagnetic Coils: We work with a wide range of materials to produce a variety of specialty coil types for transformers, electric motors, medical devices, and numerous other applications. We can work with close tolerances, nonstandard shapes, and other unique characteristics.
- Bobbin Wound Coils: We work with several wire types including bare copper wire, coated copper wire, litz, and nonstandard wires to produce bobbin wound coils that deliver superior performance. Applications include ham radios, transformers, and countless others.
- Flat Wire Coils: We are one of the few manufacturers that produce flat wound custom coils. We use rectangular or square-profile bars/ribbons/tubes to create unusual or nonstandard shapes.
- Toroid Coils: We produce standard and uniquely shaped toroid coils with the center core and number of turns and headers your design requires.
Custom Tube and Turnkey Assemblies that Meet YOUR Requirements
HBR focuses on low volume production runs and prototypes for unique, specialized projects. All of our custom tube assemblies and rod assemblies are made to order and manufactured to our customers’ exact design specifications.
We can create custom coils with odd or non-standard shapes, close tolerances, and other unique characteristics, as your design dictates. RF match coils, copper cooling coils, and other custom coils are complex components, and HBR knows what it takes to get the job done right.
How Do I Know What Tube or Coil Material to Use?
There is no one “perfect” material for all applications. So how do you know what custom coil material is right for your specialty coils and custom tube assemblies?
For the most part, material selection depends on two factors: what media your tube/rod coil assembly will be transmitting, and what function it will serve. For example, stainless steel’s natural corrosion resistance makes it ideal for use in harsh or corrosive environments; thanks to its inherent conductivity, copper is the preferred material for RF match coils and similar applications.
Stainless Steel Custom Coils and Tubes
The most common form of 304 stainless steel is 18-8 stainless steel, which contains 18 percent chromium and 8 percent nickel. Benefits of 304 stainless steel include:
- lower cost corrosion and oxidation resistance option
- withstands corrosion from most oxidizing acids
- easy to sanitize
Stainless Steel 316 is composed of 16% chromium, 10% nickel, and 2% molybdenum. This material is commonly used in applications involving processing chemicals and high-saline environments, and in the manufacturing of medical-surgical instruments. Benefits of 316 stainless steel include:
- superior corrosion and oxidation resistance
- chlorine resistant
HBR usually will do ½” O.D. (outside diameter) and under for stainless steel tube/ rod.
Brass Custom Coils and Tubes
Brass is an alloy of copper and zinc. The mechanical and electrical properties vary based on the proportions of copper and zinc, and the more zinc in the alloy, the higher the strength and ductility. Typical applications include OEM, steam, and oil and gas. Benefits of brass include:
- good corrosion resistance
- resists water
Copper Custom Coils and Tubes
Copper is a metal that comes in several soft or rigid grades. It is widely used in induction applications and cooling/heating system components. Benefits of copper include:
- Excellent thermal and electrical conductivity
- Corrosion resistance
- Good strength
Contact Us for Specialty Coils & Custom Tube Assemblies
HBR specializes in intricate designs and has experience working with a variety of specialty coil types. Whether you need a custom coil prototype or a low volume run of custom tube assemblies, we can help. Contact HBR Industries today for an initial consultation, or request a quote on the specialty coils or custom tube assemblies you need.